Justin and I have been talking for months about how much better life would be when we moved in to this house. And you know what? It is. A few weeks ago, he was going on about how great things would be in Wellesley, and I said, "I bet there are rainbows there every day and unicorns dance in the streets." Guess what...there are rainbows and the unicorns are glorious. Sometimes you can even hear the angels singing. You should visit and see it all in person. It's amazing.
The "unicorns and rainbows" line is now what we say whenever something here exceeds our expectations. The neighbors brought us cookies. Unicorns and rainbows. Other neighbors snowblowed our driveway for us the day we moved in. Unicorns and rainbows. Play-Doh playdates and ice cream socials. Unicorns and rainbows. Neighbors calling to see if you need anything from the grocery store before they head out. Unicorns and rainbows.
I would post pictures, but my laptop has finally gone on to greener pastures (which may not sound like it, but is actually a good thing...again, unicorns and rainbows), so I will post them when we have a photo software up and running again.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow. I didn't know places like that actually exist. I'm jealous.
A picture perfect house...in a picture perfect neighborhood. Congrats!
i'm humming the leave it to beaver theme as i type!
when's a good time to pencil in a visit?!
Yea, well I'm home with cramps and a sick kid, so tell your unicorn to go to hell. :-)
It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
A beautiful day for a neighbor,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
It's a neighborly day in this beautywood,
A neighborly day for a beauty,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.
So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?
Won't you please,
Won't you please,
Please won't you be my neighbor?
Sounds like you found Homewood in Boston. Sounds perfect...just a little too far north. Miss you :)
Lori
Post a Comment