Friday, January 09, 2009

Why my kid is weird (Part 1...of many)

I took the boys to the mall today to get Reid's six-month pictures done (only a month late...not bad). I told Hayden that if he was good, we would go to Build a Bear and get a new outfit for George, his beloved monkey. All during the pictures, he talked about George's new outfit. Would George like a train shirt, like he had on? Maybe they had some rainboots (Hayden's favorite thing to wear)? We talked and talked about it, and Hayden decided that George should get to pick out the outfit by himself. Uhh...sure.

We got to Build a Bear and the choices were overwhelming. Did George want to be a rock star? A Red Sox or Patriots player? What about Spiderman or Batman? Yes! Spiderman was the winner. We got the outfit on George and got him up to the register, and no! Spiderman was not the winner anymore! Hayden was tearing it off of George like he was being burned. "NO! George no Spiderman anymore!!"

We decided to call it quits on the outfit and went to lunch, where, after a few chicken nuggets, Hayden was back to yammering about George's new outfit. I decided to give it one more shot. We walked back in the store, browsed the selection again, and George made a choice:

 

Yes, I bought tighty whiteys for a stuffed monkey today, and my son loves them.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Schmierer-Knust Family said...

that is hilarious

Anonymous said...

I love the new design and I love this story!

GGM

Unknown said...

That is one of the best things I have read in a long time

Linnea said...

oh my goodness...i love it...i love it when kids go against the grain. it give me hope that the world will always be ful of color and laughter and interesting things!