Dear Reid,
How can you already be a month old?! It's cliche, but it all goes so fast. I'm trying to enjoy it, because I know there will be a time not long from now when I'm looking at pictures and videos of you at this age and have a hard time believing you were ever this small.
You're already starting to look more like a baby and less like a newborn. Your father, who has a lovely way with words, came home the other night and said, "He's starting to look a lot less like Yoda." I never thought you looked like Yoda, but I guess that's because I'm your mom and I'd think you were beautiful even if you had an extra eye on your forehead. After we brought your sister home, he told our good friends, whose boys were then three and four, "Now I know why you look so tired and bummed out all the time." They were thrilled to learn that they looked "tired and bummed out," but they should be happy to know that we have definitely cornered the market on tired and bummed out now. Tired and bummed out is now the look I hope to achieve when I get ready in the morning.
Your brother and sister adore you. Claire has introduced everyone in her preschool class to you at least three or four times. Hayden kisses you constantly and is very ready for you to play with him. He brings you his trains and other toys, lays his beloved blanket over you (you have no idea how big of a deal this is), and earlier today, threw a football at you. Yeah, sorry about that last one. One day you'll have excellent hand/eye coordination, and you can thank him. I hope they'll still be this tolerant of you when you're playing with their toys without asking or barging into their rooms without knocking.
Our house is more chaotic than it was before your arrival. The sink is perpetually full of dishes, the refrigerator is full of take out boxes, and I have a hard time believing that we'll ever be caught up on laundry again. Having three kids who are four and under has certainly sent our world spinning off its axis a bit. At the center of it all, though, what matters most is that you make us a better family...even if we are all tired and bummed out.
Love,
Mommy

6 comments:
Your post brought tears to my eyes. How sweet. I can't believe Reid is a month old already! Time really does fly by too fast.
Love his picture- he has great eyes! Give him a big kiss from Nat!
Who does he look like? I thought in earlier pics he looked a lot like Hayden, but I don't see it in this one.
I can't believe its been a month.
Lauren, you would be beautiful with a third eye. I can't believe you are "wasting" your time giving us an update when you have dishes piled up in the sink. God forbid! ; ) You are so right to enjoy this time. You know it will get easier. Jenny
love your post! i can just hear justin's cheeky comments!
this reminds me to put "plane tix" on the to-do list for a summer visit!
Lauren, Your blog is so delightful. I totally lurk on it -- I've been reading it for over a year now. It finally dawned on me I should write and tell you what a fan I am. You're a beautiful writer -- and a great mom!
Kelly N.
Post a Comment