Sunday, July 27, 2008

Beach Bums

This is the third weekend in a row that we've taken the kids to the beach. Claire absolutely loves it, and Hayden, after much coaxing and convincing, has finally decided it's okay, too. We've been trying a different beach each time in an attempt to locate a favorite spot, and I think we finally found it yesterday at a place ridiculously close to our house. The ocean is really shallow for a long way out so it's perfect for the kids. They had a great time making sand castles, burying each other, and playing in the ocean. Daddy had a great time trying to figure out how to corral two kids running in opposite directions while I basked under an umbrella with Reid.

Buried alive!
 
These kids are going to think I wasn't around when they were kids because I'm NEVER in the photos.
 
She's very difficult to photograph at the beach (or anywhere, really) because I cannot get her to slow down long enough to take a picture. Justin held her still for this shot and then she was off again.
 
Everyone keeps saying that I'm not posting enough photos of Reid. Usually he's strapped to me in the Baby Bjorn, so he's a bit difficult to photograph, but we took the stroller to the beach, so here he is. See what excitement you were missing?! :)
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Julie said...

What cute pics! The kids look like they're having a blast! I love the pic of the kids with Justin. I know what you mean about never being in the photos...oh well.