Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

Our pumpkin is now a jack-o-lantern! I think we're officially the last people in the neighborhood to carve our pumpkin. People get into the Halloween spirit early up here in Salem. Justin and I joke that this is city is like the Las Vegas of Halloween. There are activities all month long that range on the "spook-o-meter" from tot-friendly parades to "oh my gosh, I just peed myself" scary (hmm...perhaps a tad too descriptive?), and there are so many tourists downtown that I am completely avoiding the area until November 1. With one measly jack-o-lantern, we're about the least festive family in the neighborhood, but at least we're participating!

Oh, the excitement!
 
The gutting...
 
Ta Da!
 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Julie said...

At least you're doing something. We'd get kicked out of the town. We're not doing anything this year.

Tyler has a costume only b/c it was in the bags of clothes Nat gave me. So I'll post a pic of him in it. That's about it. Pretty pathetic.

Julie said...

At least you're doing something. We'd get kicked out of the town. We're not doing anything this year.

Tyler has a costume only b/c it was in the bags of clothes Nat gave me. So I'll post a pic of him in it. That's about it. Pretty pathetic.

Julie said...

Uh, sorry...I hit publish comment twice, b/c I was impatient. Oh well. Now you have 3 comments. How popular you are this morning!