Saturday, April 26, 2008

Happy Birthday to all!

Nana and Baba have birthdays that are 5 days apart, and Claire is always looking for an excuse to make cupcakes. Mommy is always looking for an excuse to eat cupcakes, so this arrangement works out very well. Today we held an honorary birthday party for the grandmas.

This is the only part I allowed Mr. Helpful to participate in (well, besides the eating). He had more fun wadding up the cupcake wrappers than putting them in the cups.
 
My precision cupcake filler
 
Ta-da!
 
Icing...the best part! These cupcakes are definitely "family only." I won't tell you how many times that spoon went from the icing, to her mouth, and THEN to the cupcake. :)
 
The finished product
 
The proud chef (with chocolate on her lips)
 
Baba got a cake because Hayden destroyed the majority of my cupcake wrappers.
 
What's a cake without sprinkles?
 
And finally...the eating!!
 
 
Oh yeah, and yesterday was Tucker's 11th birthday, too. I'm still a little miffed with him for a certain diaper shredding extravaganza that occured on Thursday and caused me over an hour of clean up. How am I going to handle two dogs and three kids?!
 

2 comments:

Julie said...

I'm loving all the posting lately! We've both been SO good! :) The cake & cupcakes look good. I wish Trevor could bake me some goodies....

amanda said...

those look delish!