Thursday, April 03, 2008

Big Boy Bed

Hayden is transitioning to his big boy bed this week. I remember the first night he slept in his crib, and Justin and I looked at our tiny boy and said that it was weird to think that one day he'd be too big for it. Sniff, sniff. We're going to need the crib for #3 in two short months, so we figured it was time to start the process so that he doesn't feel like his little brother "ousted" him. So far, he loves the big boy bed as long as we're in the room. He nuzzles up to his pillow, he pulls up all his blankets, and he tucks in his Curious George doll. As soon as we walk out the door, though, the bed apparently turns into a torture device. I'm glad we started the transition early. It was so easy with Claire!

 
 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Schmierer-Knust Family said...

It does look like a very comfy bed. Gretchen required two giant stuffed dogs. One was bigger than her! I think you were just really, really lucky with Clair Bear.

Julie said...

Good luck! He sure does look comfy!

amanda said...

he looks very comfy tucked in with curious george! kind of makes me want another nap right now (fyi--don't normally take 2 naps, but got up at 4:30am to run 14 miles)