Sunday, July 19, 2009

Fourth of July

We took Claire and Hayden to their first fireworks show this year. The show we went to announces each state and then shoots off a canon. "Alabama....BOOM! Arkansas...BOOM!" That's 50 ridiculously loud canon blasts, and we were a worried how Hayden would deal with it. After the first blast he looked a bit surprised and then a slow smile spread across his face and he yelled, "Boom!" He got more into it with each blast, often throwing his fists in the air and yelling, "Boom!" He's afraid of the dark, but you can shoot a canon off next to his head and it won't faze him in the least.

The best photo I could get of the matching outfits Baba got them.
 
 
 
 
I took this just as the first fireworks went off. I love her expression.
 
And because I love this picture...here's Claire four years earlier.
 

2 comments:

Schmierer-Knust Family said...

Those outfits are too cute! I also like the new family pic on your sidebar.

Julie said...

Love the outfits! So cute! I agree with Tania...the family pic is AWESOME!

It was SO great seeing you guys...sorry we missed Justin.