Friday, December 07, 2007

In Boston, Santa comes by Lobster Boat

Every year in Marblehead, Santa and Mrs. Claus arrive by lobster boat and greet all the kids who come out to see them. I know Santa is used to the temperatures on the North Pole, but I'm pretty sure that even he was freezing this year. It was about 20 degrees and VERY windy as we waited for over a half hour for the Coast Guard to escort Santa in. As Justin slowly lost feeling in his limbs, he kept asking Claire, "Do you REALLY want to see Santa?" Of course she did! She has to tell him that she wants 7 candies in her stocking (seriously, that's all she will tell us she wants). He finally arrived and we were all far too numb to wait in the hour-long line to talk to him, so we bribed Claire with hot chocolate and promises of seeing Santa in a much warmer setting soon.

Freezing Claire
 
Freezing Hayden
 
The best picture we got of the boats coming in...see Santa in the front waving?
 
Santa & Mrs. Claus
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad yall made it back safe and sound. It was great getting to meet Hayden and playing with Claire. She is just a little doll. Wish we lived closer so we could play more. Come on back down and bring Claire to see Santa, this weekend she could wear her shorts and probably swim. I have already copied the Blogg update and will send it to Grammie in her Christmas card tomorrow.

Love to all of you

Aunt Robyn and Uncle Greg

Julie said...

I can't believe ya'll braved the cold! I think that would be the time I'd have to come "clean" about Santa just to avoid doing that. I guess ya'll are better parents than me. :)